HISTORY


LES MOULINS DE BOUSSET
In the south of the MORVAN national park, situated in the heart of the Bourgogne, is the hamlet of Bousset. It consists of a farm, a few houses and two watermills. The mills are situated on the edge of a small lake: the ETANG THE BOUSSET, also part of the property. The lake is full of carp and surrounded by woods and meadows, it is fed by the waters from the river Tillot and in turn feeds the river Roche. Both these small rivers are of the first category, this means they contain trout and are among the cleanest in France. Especially in spring and autumn the water spills over some waterfalls close to the house.

As long ago as the 15th century a small dam created this lake. The oldest mill dates from 1725, the enormous wheels and millstone are still in working order. In 1895 a second mill was built and in the basement the large wheels proof their working past.

In the garden a apple-cidermill is situated, the millstone is still there. Between the mills the water flows through the rosegarden into the river.

THE NATIONAL PARK ACQUIRED ITS NAME FROM THE CELTS: MOHR´VEN: THE BLACK MOUNTAINS.